Changes in Life

Changes in Life

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Myanmar is a GO!

Dear all the people who follow my Blog, meaning maybe one! ha!

So after a lot of prayer and searching, My heart is with Myanmar. It has been two years that I have really thought about this, and I feel as the time is right, and it gives me something to look forward to while I suffer this last year in school. I am really excited, and I finished my Support Letters! If you are a fellow Blogmate/Blogstalker and would like to support me or pray for me, send me your address to: Kristy2103@yahoo.com And I would be happy to send you one of my letters in the mail :) I would just stick it up on this Blog, but what happened to old fashion letter stampin' mail sending personal messages? I think I would like to keep that as something in History.

Besides that I am preparing my heart for this trip! I am looking forward to finally meeting the faces I am praying for and just experiencing the culture and to walk down the markets in the street! But most of all I am looking forward to building relationships and loving the children in the orphanage and learning from the Myanmar culture as a whole! It will be awesome.

Besides all that, here is a funny story for your pleasure:
Halloween us coming up and a few things have happened that are spooky:
1. I went to Knott's scary farms (a halloween haunted theme park where 13 scare houses are) and while walking through one, a monster threw his scissor hands around my neck, we posed for a picture and he kissed me... on my cheek! I turned and said "WOAH MONSTER is that allowed? and he said no, but I liked your cute Pony Tail." ha! AWESOME!
2. In class just yesterday I started seeing funny colored wavy lines in my left eye. I came to the conclusion that someone must have spiked my coffee that morning and now I was high and hallucinating. Yet that was not it. So I turned to my friend to see if she saw anything in my eye. But as I turned, my whole left eye went black, and I raised my hand in class and said "Umm I think I just went blind in my left eye." I walked my half-blind self to the Health Center, were I got a shot in my butt and a referral to an eye Doc. ALL and ALL I had some thing called a visual migraine. Very uncommon, but you get them from to much Stress...and I wanted to throw my stress in the wilderness and focus my life on positive thoughts in my world... Scary how that didn't turn out so good. Maybe I am turning into a Monster???!!

Chow Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment